Research Assistant – Parallel Synthesis
Nuevolution: Accelerating modern Drug Discovery
Role: Research Assistant
Application deadline: 15 February 2019
Nuevolution is dedicated to the identification and development of novel drug programs addressing unmet medical needs with a main disease focus on Inflammation and Oncology. We currently run more than 15 small molecule discovery programs in our own pipeline or in collaboration with our national and international industrial, institutional and academic partners.
We offer an inspiring working environment in a biotech company pushing boundaries. If you are hard-working, creative, goal-oriented, decisive, open minded and have the desire for doing break-through science within drug discovery, we may have the ideal position for you.
You will be part of multiple Nuevolution drug discovery teams taking projects from hit discovery through lead optimization to candidate selection. You will work as a Research Assistant in the Hit Synthesis Group.
Common tasks include:
- Synthesis of multiple small molecules in parallel on 2 micromole scale both using solid-phase organic synthesis (SPOS) and parallel solution-phase techniques
- Record and interpret analytical data, e.g. HPLC/MS, UV, and CLND
- Optimize the reaction conditions presently used and develop new reactions for a parallel setup
- Individual structuring and planning of work assignments
- Communicate and collaborate actively with other scientists, both chemists and biologists, in English, in order to reach company goals
What we look for:
The ideal candidate should:
- Hold a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in chemistry or biology with knowledge of organic chemistry
- Have hands-on experience with organic synthesis and data analysis, preferably from pharmaceutical or biotech companies
- Be able to multitask and work on several projects in parallel while following an accurate and timely protocol
- Master the following programs: Excel and MassHunter and be skilled at understanding new programs
- Thrive in an organization where responsibilities are taken, and objectives are met
- Have excellent people, communication and English language skills
- Show high motivation, dedication, creativity with an ambition to succeed
The place of work will mainly be at our well accessible premises in Copenhagen.
For further information contact: Mathilde Daugaard, Research Scientist Hit Synthesis (email@example.com / +45 88 77 09 69). For further company details please visit Nuevolution’s homepage (www.nuevolution.com).
To apply for this position, please send your application marked “Research Assistant – Parallel Synthesis” including CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Nuevolution A/S, Rønnegade 8, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark, not later than February 15th, 2019.
Nuevolution AB (publ) is a leading small molecule drug discovery biotech company founded in 2001, and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. Nuevolution partners its discovery platform and develops its programs alone and in collaboration with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to seek future benefit for patients in need of novel medical treatment options. Nuevolution’s internal programs are focused on therapeutically important diseases targets within severe inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Nuevolution AB (publ) is listed at Nasdaq in Stockholm, Sweden (ticker: NUE). More information about Nuevolution can be found on: www.nuevolution.com